1. You can't run 100 miles with plantar fasciitis and no training. Or at least I can't. Truth of the matter is, it was always going to be a stretch. But LOL and WTF? and all of that stuff, plus an OMFG for good measure
2. HA HA HA!!!! CLICK BAIT!! You fell for it again! :)
3. I did get my 50th ultramarathon finish, 5 years to the day after I got my first one. That's very cool.
4. Umstead, as always is an awesome event.
5. It was so fantastically awesome to catch up with so many friends. I love living in CA, but I truly miss y'all
6. I can be such a dumb ass. I lost my laptop on the flight to NC. Duh. So I'm typing this on kindle on a plane on the way home. It's a pain, and does a lot of auto-correcting, I may miss some typos, sorry. Oh well.
7. It is a blast hanging out at the main aid station through the night.
8. I had decided to make my 6th Umstead my last one. It seemed fitting, what with being the 50th ultra and all. I changed my mind as soon got there on Friday. So, I will see you next year.
9. Thank you to all of you fantastic volunteers, you are who make this event so special to me.
It was good to see you again. Best regards.ReplyDelete