1. You can't run 100 miles with plantar fasciitis and no training. Or at least I can't. Truth of the matter is, it was always going to be a stretch. But LOL and WTF? and all of that stuff, plus an OMFG for good measure
2. HA HA HA!!!! CLICK BAIT!! You fell for it again! :)
3. I did get my 50th ultramarathon finish, 5 years to the day after I got my first one. That's very cool.
4. Umstead, as always is an awesome event.
5. It was so fantastically awesome to catch up with so many friends. I love living in CA, but I truly miss y'all
6. I can be such a dumb ass. I lost my laptop on the flight to NC. Duh. So I'm typing this on kindle on a plane on the way home. It's a pain, and does a lot of auto-correcting, I may miss some typos, sorry. Oh well.
7. It is a blast hanging out at the main aid station through the night.
8. I had decided to make my 6th Umstead my last one. It seemed fitting, what with being the 50th ultra and all. I changed my mind as soon got there on Friday. So, I will see you next year.
9. Thank you to all of you fantastic volunteers, you are who make this event so special to me.