Thinking about it, this is also the closest Ultra to my home, just a mere hour drive.
So what are my goals. Well, given that I have my first 100 in a few weeks, I would like to be on pace at 24 hours so that I could finish the 100 in about 28 hours. I'm thinking that 85 miles would be realistic.
So, here are the goals:
- Finish alive after 24 hours - you can never complain if that happens
- "Kinda Happy with" goal - a PR, anything above my Laramie mileage of 64.9 miles
- "Happy with" goal - 80+ Miles
- "Extremely Happy with" goal - 85+ miles
- "Deliriously Happy with" goal - 90+ miles
- "Secret Dream Goal"- why not, 100 miles. Not going to happen, that's why I'm keeping it a secret.
I think I am also going to try camping out the night before. I think the extra hour in bed is going to help, plus hopefully I will get to soak up the atmosphere the night before.
Another new thing I am going to try, is turkey sliders - I watched some of the top runners at GTR eating this - basically, sliced turkey and some advacado. Fat and protein again. It didn't do too bad for Ty Draney who I saw eating this combo - he went on to win with a new course record.
I am extremely excited about this race, it really looks like a tremendous amount of fun, and a brilliant opportunity to see if I am on course for the Boulder 100.