The weather looks like it will be perfect on Saturday and Sunday in Boulder. Tha's a relief, especially as this time last week I believe it was snowing. Looking like mid-60's for Saturday, going down to mid-40's on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and low 70's on Sunday. More importantly, it will be dry.
And... what d'ya know, there is a Wal-Mart just a mile or so down the road from the hotel, so I have already got all my supplies in.
So for the 100 miles, I will be feasting on such wonderful delights as:
- Trail mix and Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's (this has been a staple of every ultra I have done so far)
- Avacado, turkey and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla - I tried this at Hinson, and it was very palatable, plus provides fat, protein and carbohydrate in just one mouthful.
- Coke and Dr Pepper - to go with the caffiene pills - the wonder drug combo. Although I bought Coke, I tend to lean a little more towards the Dr. Pepper now - it is amazingly refreshing in the middle of the night.
- And finally some Milano cookies and potato chips.
- Plus of course whatever delights they have at the aid stations, and of course the Clip and Amino drinks.
I knew that I would feel better and less nervous once I got into travelling mode, and I really do. There is no more training to be done, just relax, sort out supplies, and then on Saturday, get from Denver to Boulder. That's it. There is nothing I can do now that can change the outcome other than to make sure I have not forgotten anything, and I will be checking and double checking all day tomorrow, and trying to get lots of sleep between now and Saturday morning.
Best of luck to you! You've got this! We'll be having fun at the Medoc Marathon and thinking of you! Go get 'em!ReplyDelete
Good luck Jimbo!ReplyDelete
I know you will an excellent race. Have fun out there-I'll be thinking about you and sending all sorts of positive vibes your way!
Thanks for the good wishes Frank! There is a piece of me that would love to be joining you out there at Medoc, familiar faces and places and all that good stuff. It is a shame the dates clashed - but I know it will be a great run out there.ReplyDelete
I'll be out there next year for both the Meltdown and Marathon, and I'm looking forward to it.
Thank you as well for the good wishes - I will take any positive vibe I can get! Umstead seems so long ago - I never thought that just over 6 months later I would be having a go at a 100. It's a crazy world